The Complete Cricketer Academy’s prime focus is on providing a safe training environment and to maximize the enjoyment and learning for all students.
The following rules and disciplinary measures are in place to provide this environment and that all students “know their boundaries.”
GENERAL RULES REGARDING SAFETY WHILST TRAINING:
- No activity in the nets without a coach in attendance.
- Protective equipment to be worn, as specified by the coach.
- No food/drinks allowed in the nets.
- No gum or sweets to be chewed whilst being coached.
- Pay attention to safety instructions and specific rules for the session.
- No pushing/fighting/arguments.
- No disruptive behavior or lack of respect to the coach or fellow students.
- No jumping or swinging on nets.
- Do not swing bats, hit balls etc. without being told to do so.
- No throwing of balls unless asked to do so in a controlled drill situation.
- Do not throw hard balls at the wickets unless asked to do so.
- Do not walk in front of the bowling machines at any time. Stay in safe area as specified by the coach.
- Do not bowl until the previous player is in a safe position or the batsman/coach is ready.
- Always face the batsman when he is playing a shot.
- Watch the ball at all times.
Should the above rules and safety requirements be breached, the following Disciplinary Code is in place to regulate safety and behavior within the Academy:
- Minor misdemeanors/lack of attention etc:
- Push ups/running. These are often given for good performance as well and are used to build fitness levels. In general, this is the main disciplinary measure used.
- Persistent poor behavior/disrespect or dangerous activity during a session:
- Miss a turn/s. Sit out in a designated space away from the activity until told to return.
- Serious breach of rules, serious behavioral issue or misconduct:
- The player will be asked to leave the net for that session. The parent/s will be informed and a decision will be made regarding future attendance.